The Top 7 Ways to Refresh Your Marriage this Spring
- Connect with your partner: silence your cell phone, step away from your computer, turn off your television and just talk.
- Try something new…together: take an art class, learn to woodwork, join a team sports league or take a cooking class.
- Take a staycation: hop online for great same-day hotel deals and pack your overnight bag for a luxurious hotel stay with room service, spa treatments, gym time or whatever hotel amenity will leave you both happy and refreshed the next day.
- Say something positive to your partner, about your partner, every day for a month: while this may seem like an easy task, try it, and you will be amazed by the results.
- Schedule a lunch date: because dinner dates often require babysitters and include exhausted parents after a long day at work, simply schedule a lunch date instead to meet up for a quick bite and meaningful chat.
- Switch roles for a weekend: whatever your usual routine is, switch it up and take over your partner’s usual routine and responsibilities to get a better understanding and, hopefully, appreciation for what makes your life work.
- Play a board game: bring out your teamwork and competitive nature in a card game, board game or puzzle where conversation should flow easily and you can engage on more than one level.